Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

We Love the Concept Not the Person - A Question

Yesterday in the middle of Jakarta's traffic, my friend Andin, asked me a question. Not just a question but she wants me to elaborate the answer and my opinion about it.

"You know what, I always tell this to people who think they are in love with me, I am not a concept. I want you to just keep that in your head. Too many people think I am a concept or I complete them or I am going to make them alive, but I am just a fucked-up woman who is looking for my own peace of mind. Do not assign me yours. I destroyed everything I touched."

"What is on your mind when you read that?"

I feel like rolling my eyes in a sudden. What a question I said. I need a few minutes in silence and then trying to elaborate.

"What? Note that last sentence. I think it's being contradictive with the first one," she demands my opinion.

"Please a minute."

So here is my answer, "First, you mentioned about 'I complete them' or whatsoever like that. In the end, you are just a woman whom mess with everything she touched (?). Okay..."

"I know right. Ambiguous,"

"Yup. I understand,"

Sometimes people are not in love with the subject (in the form of human being or a person). They love the concept of the one who will make them completed and fulfilled. So, basically they are in love with a shadow or the expectations they created themselves. Like a mirror. They set their standard and expectations higher about that person just like they want it to be. Then, things go in opposite. Doomed. Dissapointment. A concept they made in fact is just as human being as them. He/she is not perfect, still good but has flaws. Then, they realise it beyonds their expectations.

"... and it crushed them."

"Exactly. It may have not fulfilled all their needs -uhm, their wants I think- so, if we are not ready... chaos."

"What the..."

Mind blown. I feel like I need to having some beers afterward.

"Fuuuu... what an answer. I've got drunk."

"Don't ask a Libran next time... But, that was brilliant. It challenged me. I will ask someone else later if I'm going to date him."

"It's a must."

"Then, I'll be ready to dumped because of it. But of course I will choose the person who can elaborate the answer very well."

***



Butuh mimik lucu, nih, abis nulis postingan begini sembari ingat-ingat lagi persisnya. Ya gimana, enggres semua. Bingung, kak, kalau diterjemahkan ke bahasa Indonesia, lha wong dia nanyanya juga ngenggres. Ngelatih nulis gak apa-apa lah ya. *alasan* Sebuah percakapan sok serius antara dua orang - satu berdiri di bus Transjakarta penuh sesak, yang lain mungkin lagi ngadem di kantor. *tepuk tangan* :D Oh, itu "fuuu..." sengaja diganti karena aslinya Andin bilang "bangsyadh...." dan teman-temannya. Nanti blog ini jadi nggak cerdas berbahasa dan berbudaya lagi. *iki opo toh, cuk?*

Oh ya, nganu, tolong dimaafkan ya para pembaca *emang ada yang baca?* kalau grammar-nya ngawur. Tapi percayalah tidak ada andil Google translate di sini. Kasihan, kalau dia selalu disalahkan sama orang-orang. Jadi, salahkan aku saja, mz dan mb. :(

Lo mabok? Sama. Gue apalagi. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kembang Api

Taman kota dan lalu lalang pekerja ibukota selepas jam kerja. Dia senang sekali mengamati manusia-manusia yang melintas di depannya. Suara k...